Friday, February 21, 2014

Saturday Randomness

The song that's playing right now: "War of Man" by Neil Young. One of his best...

* * *


I didn't mention this earlier, but I set a new personal record at the print shop Sunday night/Monday morning: 348,600 impressions run. That I pulled this off on a Sunday is the stunning part -- I had to start everything up and complete a changeover before I could even begin running the order, and yet I still broke my record. Even my bosses were floored. I'm still not sure what got into me that night, but it was all good...

* * *


The song playing now: "The Irresistible Rhythm" by me. It's made up of GarageBand loops. I have to work on my mixing skills...

* * *


Conflicted, but comfortable: I'm glad I came out and said I'm gay here at the Medley. I've been doing some research behind the scenes, and it seems I had the right idea about what homosexuality was all about before I realized it applied to me -- it's not a choice, it's not a given, it's just a small part of human nature. Sexuality is something that develops over the course of a person's lifetime, and my course just happened to lead to being gay. Frankly, it's a bit awkward for me in more than some ways, but I believe I prefer it this way overall. Maybe that's my way of saying this is what I am, and I'm more than happy with it, I don't know. What I do know is there ain't nothin' wrong with being gay. But hell, I knew that long before I realized I was, too...

* * *


Song playing now: "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen. Tell me the timing of this isn't providential. I've never been a very religious guy, but now that I think of it, if there is a God, I can't help wondering why He made me what I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm good with it. But based on what animates me as opposed to what does not (think Fur Affinity), I'd say that God's got a really bizarre sense of humor. I'll have to ask Him about that when we finally meet...

* * *


The song I'm hearing now: "Humble Daisy" by XTC. Andy Partridge has some God-related issues of his own, now that I think of it...

* * *


Eh, I'm done for now.

Til further on...